Sunday, April 22, 2012

what can i be


Late at night as i lay in bed,
As many thoughts rush through my head,
I think about the weak and strong,
I question all the right from wrong,
I wonder who could i really be,
I think of what’s gotten into me,
I hang out with the entirely wrong crowd,
All these thoughts i am thinking out loud,
What is this life i am in?
My head is now beginning to spin,
I pace my room without a sound,
Walking in circles round and round,
All these questions i have to ask,
I can never finish a single task,
My heart is beating really fast,
Asking myself will this really last
Nothing i do feels like it’s right,
Even though i am very bright,
Why does it feel this way?,
The exact same thing every day
So here i am thinking in my head,
All the negative things i’ve said,
This is not the real me,
It definitely cannot be
Sitting here thinking for a while,
I find myself beginning to smile,
All these emotions i have to express,
Letting go of all this stress,
Sitting here in the rain,
Feeling all of this pain,
Like a flower i begin to wilt,
Holding onto all this guilt,
While falling asleep i begin to cry,
Thinking about how hard i try,
As I am beginning to find my way,
I think who am i today
Thinking about all the nights i cried,
Holding all these feelings inside,
Now getting all them off my chest,
Doing good, only hoping for the best,
My life is like a story told,
My heart is something that i hold,
It’s not something on my sleeve,
As many things as i achieve
I think about all the positive things,
Hurt feels like a big bee sting,
Life isn’t something I can find in a tree,
It’s only what’s inside of me
Late at night as i lay in bed,
All these thoughts rushing through my head,
I no longer think about the weak and strong,
Nor do i question the right from wrong.

0 comments: